Libraries across the nation use patron counters in many ways to better understand how patrons are using their facilities. Entrance Door Counters can help you understand which doors are the busiest and how many patrons are using specific doors. Traffic counters can help you better understand the busiest times (and rooms) in the Childrens Library or Computer Rooms. Patron counters can help you prove that library USAGE has increased, even if circulation is down. Having this information wil help you better serve your patrons .... and improve the efficiency of your staff and facilities.
We believe the best patron counters are those that are simple to buy, simple to install, simple to maintain, relatively accurate, reliable, and cost effective.
Library personnel count patrons for many reasons. They count to help justify funding measures. They count to determine which areas are the most used. Are patrons coming to the Children's Library? Or are they coming to use the Computer Room, Reference Room, Coffee Shop, rest rooms, etc? Having information concerning the number of patrons will help you determine if you need to modify the hours and days your library is in operation.....and will guide your staffing decisions by helping you track the times and days that are busiest.
Why Do Libraries Use Patron Counters?
- Patron counters allow you to provide accurate visitor counts and help justify funding measures.
- Patron counters enable you to measure which areas of the library are most active. Are patrons coming to the Children's Library? Are they using the Computer Room, the Reference Room, Coffee Shop, Rest Rooms...
- Patron counters will help you decide which doors are the busiest and help guide the placement of refreshment centers and informational kiosks.
- Patron counters will help you determine if you need to modify the hours and days your library is in operation.
- Patron counters will help you 'right' staff to best serve your patrons, while keeping operating costs in control.
What Patron Counting Solutions Are Used at Libraries?
We Count People offers a wide range of patron counters tha have been used by libraries. These include:
- StandAlone Memory Counters where someone walks to the counter to read the Hourly, Daily, Weekly and Monthly door counts at the display.
How Many Patrons Visited Your Library Today?
Library Patron Counters by We Count People
View and Report on Hourly, Daily, Weekly and Monthly patron counts right at your PC using your Library's wifi network.
The AccuraCounter is the most rugged, reliable, and cost-effective ac-powered 'totalizing' patron counter on the market.
Onboard memory collects and displays counts in hourly, daily, and monthly formats. No PC required.